• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

The Original Bug Shirt Comapany

Reaction score
http://www.bugshirt.com/

I have never had one but have heard good things about them. Anybody have any testimonies?

I have always thought the guy in the add looks like a fly with those big glasses on, but I'm just sayin'.:rolleyes:

http://www.bugshirt.com/

I have never had one but have heard good things about them. Anybody have any testimonies?

I have always thought the guy in the add looks like a fly with those big glasses on, but I'm just sayin'.:rolleyes:

As soloists, I :) at your image angst.

fb26a561-6e93-4baa-824c-6a066585d1a8_zps212b9034.jpg

Allowed us to be outside in the Everglades at dusk and an hour after. Otherwise we would have looked like Teds ankles. The nylon ones can be hot; we have both nylon and cotton. We have gathered them through the years; had the nylon ones since sometime in the 1990's. They also make quite good windbreakers when you don't need the hood up.

Of course the neutral color helps by not overattracting bugs.

My father-in-law has 2 I bought for him when he works in the timber of Northwestern Wisconsin ... it can be real buggy!

I ahve one as well and know Bob, the owner a little bit. They will be on sale at Canoecopia if anyone is interested.

Yellow Canoe is correct, the nylon can be a little hot ... but splash it with water and you will cool right down (evaporative cooling). They work great and fold easliy upon themselves into an envelope shape and can be clipped right to your belt or canoe to use when needed.. I think they are a great product Robin.

Bob.

I've had one for a few years. The shirt has lasted through two Arctic trips, one BWCA trip and an Everglades trip and shows little wear. I had only a few bug bites during each trip, most likely from when taking the shirt off or putting it on, or visiting the latrine area. I call it my sanity suit. Get the pants, too. (They don't have any mesh. The bugs can't bite through them.) Pringles

I bought the microfiber shirt at an outdoor store closeout sale this spring for tripping use. I hadn't anticipated that I would be using it daily in my garden during a nasty black fly season. Works fine. Mobility and vision are good. Adjustment strap at back of head is handy. Fits me better without a cap and still shades my eyes and forehead. Packs up easily into front pouch pocket. This pocket is too shallow to hold items reliably unless it is zipped shut, however. It does get hot inside the shirt. Good to read earlier post suggesting the suit be splashed down to cool off.

I have the shirt and two styles of the pants.

Shirt is awesome. Works well, love the way it folds away into itself, like the pockets.
Pull on style pant is also great. Durable, comfortable, effective. Slippery on the nylon webbing of the canoe seat though. No belt loops.
The Zipper Fly pants are or equal quality for sure. Has re-inforced knees and butt. Practical leg pockets that will actually hold stuff. However the XXL size I drowned in and the XL size doesn't fit quite right. Too tight through the waist to crotch area. I spoke to the owner and she gave me the option of returning them, but I chose to keep them and see if I can grow (shrink) into them. Even with all the weight I lost they still fit awkward. She said it was a manufacturing error and the new batch would not have that problem.

Back