• Happy International Left-Handers Day!

St. Francis River/North Maine canoe trip video

Reaction score
Just have time to watch the beginning.. but boy is that a tough start to the trip and the Lab is amazing with balance. Drone footage amazing too

Reaction score
I've been looking at that river, thanks for posting the video
I hope to explore that area come late spring, must be some wild country. He’s got some neat videos of him restoring a cabin at 9 mile bridge on the St Johns River, it’s open to anyone, 1st come basis. Historic old cabin, worth a visit.

Reaction score
Only able to watch beginning right now but reminds me of a trip on the upper reaches of the Two Hearted river in UP of MI. Didn’t have to cut anything but gave up counting significant log jams we climbed over after 12. Not particularly fun but beautiful country.

Reaction score
Great video. Thanks for sharing!
I especially enjoyed the "Fun with makeshift sails" portion.
😄

Reaction score
Done the St. Francis from Estcourt to the St. John twice. It's a nice river to spend some time on. It's not terribly challenging.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Done the St. Francis from Estcourt to the St. John twice. It's a nice river to spend some time on. It's not terribly challenging.
All that monkey tree scrambling looked pretty challenging to me.. You go first next time. I will be right behind you. Do you know the name of the falls where they were fishing at the end? There is a Falls Brook on the US side. Looks like they were going upstream so it had to be a tributary of the St Francis.

Reaction score
Do you know the name of the falls where they were fishing at the end? There is a Falls Brook on the US side. Looks like they were going upstream so it had to be a tributary of the St Francis.
That's was one of the things I looked at. They were moving upstream to get to the falls.

Reaction score
That pineapple cake is one of his favorites, he's done it before in his "cabin rebuild" series. I don't know how they stay so thin.
Probably cause they use axes and scramble on a daily basis! :) They sure are not weekend warriors.