• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Registration is now open for the PINE BARRENS FUNCTIONAL FREESTYLE CANOEING WORKSHOP, Oct 15-17 in Medford NJ.

In my opinion, the workshops and symposiums put on by the Freestyle Canoe Committee are the best available instruction formats for teaching beginning through advanced flatwater canoeing techniques. And in a wonderfully friendly and fun atmosphere. A particularly interesting feature of the Pine Barrens workshop is that the final day is an instructional trip on one of the beloved, twisty Pine Barrens streams.

In my opinion, the workshops and symposiums put on by the Freestyle Canoe Committee are the best available instruction formats for teaching beginning through advanced flatwater canoeing techniques. And in a wonderfully friendly and fun atmosphere. A particularly interesting feature of the Pine Barrens workshop is that the final day is an instructional trip on one of the beloved, twisty Pine Barrens streams.
upstream and down. No poling but learning to make the water eddies work for you. And lawd it helps to be able to canoe limbo though you will learn how not to have to do that. This symposia in particular is taught with tripping on the twisty rivers ( like the Oswegatchie! Ye who have been there know the challenges) without bank banging.

Karen and I attended the Pine Barrens Workshop 2 years ago after first attending the ADK Symposium a few months earlier. We had paddled on our own quite a bit, but had never had any instruction or even paddled with anyone who really knew what they were doing. Our experiences at the Symposium and Workshop have been transformative for our paddling. All of our instructors were really good teachers. The events were extremely well organized. We had a lot of fun, with really nice groups of wonderful people! We are still clearly novice paddlers, but ones now with new appreciation for what's possible. I would recommend Freestyle instruction to anyone who wants to improve their paddling skills, not just newbies and novices.

The Pine Barrens, Functional FreeStyle Canoeing Workshop is coming up October 18-20 in Medford Lakes NJ. This is a great opportunity to learn or fine tune your paddling technique, especially if you like narrow, twisting waterways. For those who aren't already familiar with the exquisite streams of the Pine Barrens, you will be introduced to a whole new world of paddling.
http://freestylecanoeing.com/pine-barrens-2/

Jandy wrote an eloquent "trip report" for sure! New Jersey has some wonderful paddling too. Kudos to you and all the instructors Marc for pulling this off as well as you did!

Back