• Happy National Rocky Road Day! 🪨 🇪 🛣️🍨

Ready to road test

Hard to tell from picture. But it looks like the potential for A LOT of front end wobble. I load my boats so the bow is supported fairly far front. Only about 1/4 of boat in front of the front rack. Not sure why you have the towers so far back.. Cant do over the front door? The garage is a bit of a distraction ..

Go forth and try. Report back on the pup! Ours did fine on first paddle yesterday but it was short and not at all far from shore.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	465.2 KB ID:	93241 Well, the towers won't go anywhere else. The plastic rails have 3 sets of holes. It's mounted on the forward-most set and the rear-most set. No choice. I'm hoping the front tie-downs hold it steady. I won't use the roof racks on long trips - that's what the trailer does. This will be more for local day trips and shuttle trips.

Yeah, I won't be using this on the highway at all.

Last edited:
Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	420.5 KB ID:	93263 Assuming the position. Her brother already had solo and family trips to BWCA, also a tandem trip to Quetico by this age (6 mos). She’s actually doing well. Next step we bring two canoes, two dogs.

Attachments

• photo11536.jpg
    photo11536.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nice!

I feel your pain with the bars. I own a Mazda 3. There are special lugs under a cap from the factory to mount towers. 28" spread. I center the canoe on them (16'6" bell in RX) with the front and rear tie downs in place, the wobble is very slight at its worst. And that's on the thruway at 75mph and caught in a semi "wind wash" for lack of the proper word.

Jason

Back