• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Quetico 2019 tour

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to have some time off in August to take a two-week trip to see some lakes and waterfalls in Quetico that I hadn't seen before. It was a pleasant trip. A few thunderstorms that dropped a ton of rain, and some nasty headwinds, but also a few lovely days and a tailwind when i needed one. The park seemed quiet in spots (Kawnipi, Agnes) except at a few choke points (Pickerel east end, Sturgeon narrows, Russell lake below Chatterton Falls, for example) though i haven't travelled it enough to know just how quiet it really was. I have a photo trip report online at smugmug with a lot more photos and maps; keep in mind it is for my family and my coworkers in Toronto to see what i do on vacation.

https://neelands.smugmug.com/Canoe-trips/Quetico-Aug-17-30-2019

Windbound on Pickerel Lk.

Deux Rivières en route to Sturgeon Lk.

Kawnipi Lk

Shade Lk put-in

Kahshahpiwi Creek north of Cairn Lk

Kahshahpiwi Creek

Tarp camping at Russell Lk

Squall at the take-out from Sturgeon en route to Oliphaunt

Pickerel Lk

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. We were there in July/August. Our route coincided a little with yours. We also had some significant storms.

Sturgeon,

When I click on your link, no images actually appear. Are they supposed to? I see icons where I can download, or buy. Is that the intent?

You should see lots of photos. [I’m not selling anything; I don’t know how to remove the BUY icon.] I will see what I can do

edit: try this link: https://neelands.smugmug.com/Canoe-t...Aug-17-30-2019

Or go to neelands.smugmug.com. Then hit browse, then canoe trips, then Kawnipi-Agnes.

Edit 2: figured out how to turn off the “buy” button.

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. We were there in July/August. Our route coincided a little with yours. We also had some significant storms.

I read your trip report, Duct Tape. It was great and detailed, unlike my boring two sentences per photo. You really tell a story.

I saw that beach on the north side of Pickerel as I was surfing home. So when you posted the lightning pics and mentioned the locale, I was like aha! Always fun to recognize a spot in another persons report.

Back