• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

One week from tonight...

Reaction score
WNY south of Buffalo (closer to Turtle than he rea
...will be Christmas Eve:eek::eek::eek:! I suppose I better start shopping for Grandma. She hasn't been very helpful with suggestions but I know she will be quietly perturbed ( as in not speaking to me). I just had a very large cherry butcher block countertop with fancy composite sink and classy new Moen facet installed this weekend but you know that won't count!!! I could have gotten a new Colden Nomad with all the options for less than than the counter.

Dear Santa,

I have been a moderately good Grandpa this year. I sure would appreciate your convincing Grandma to get me a new Colden Nomad for Christmas this year.
I live really close so I could pick it up Christmas Day.

Thanx for all your help, Santa.

Love,

Jonny

Yeah, good luck with that...! I've been working on various kitchen projects 'for her' all fall...

I am not holding my breath though, despite her pleasure at how things have been proceeding... I wonder though if it'd be too late to email Santa or his elves with a short request list for me!

We're only giving each other stockings again this year. What more could we ask for, when we have "everything"? Well, everything is subjective. Health. Happiness. Friends and family.
I agree with her this year (it was my idea) that we restrict ourselves to easy stuff like jars of jam and small books; nothing large and awkward like kitchen appliances and clothing. (The stockings she made are quite large BTW). She says "sure, no problem", and gets her shopping done quick and easy. I think I may have a problem. I'll go out shopping today to find out. Now that I've talked myself into a corner I have no idea what to buy her. I wonder if she'll like a new paddle? (My size) It won't fit in the stocking, but it's not my fault if she didn't elasticize them enough.
Good luck with your canoe wish Gramps. Even if all that home reno doesn't land you on the nice list, at least you're on the handy list. That's something.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... I made suggestion to her.... She replie with it's in the back yard, not finished yet but it is yours... So I guess she won't wrap it either.

Attachments

• photo8574.jpg
    photo8574.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 0
We went to VT today to pick up a few things for my wife's daughters. Across the street from the store was a consignment shop.

A beautiful old Optimus No.00 screamed "Take me Home!" So I did.

It's all cleaned up and the repair parts are on there way from England.

We went to VT today to pick up a few things for my wife's daughters. Across the street from the store was a consignment shop.

A beautiful old Optimus No.00 screamed "Take me Home!" So I did.

It's all cleaned up and the repair parts are on there way from England.

No photo it didn't happen. You didn't buy a Primus No.00....

Well, unfortunately for us married guys, counting something for the kitchen as a Christmas gift rates up there with a new vacume cleaner! (In my experience anyways) my fail safe is which ever bottle of perfume she has in the cabinet with the lowest level of perfume left in it.

Jason

Made THAT mistake one year, without a backup early on. Once learned was enough.

Pic coming just trying to decide which of my Cold Handle Fry Pans to shoot with it.:p

Last edited:

Attachments

• 3pOWE1PU1kC37erfoUphVvkfKgeiHHkKAlr2jkiWDOST5vkQ0X_P129xM6EwedpCMSVCMXwmW0g6yYS_pGT19epKEs4grgkIiD_0
    368.3 KB · Views: 0
  • LNcFthwk_Enhn88-iaIkpaEgziOQVgqwWgAdRhF8_EOQqcyFrXMJE1jOU8ZxgwPjGOAcz3ShHVetNX7Is9u6wl9vRrKhUZ1vGDro
    425.4 KB · Views: 0

Well dang it. I could have said you pull that one out of the inter web... But man the table and then the cold handle made sure it was from you in your place!! Nice looking stove!! Your neck of the wood seems to be quite productive in terms of good condition vintage stuff!! Up here is sucks stuff is beat up to death and then sold for the price they paid for + 400% markup!!

As for the gift to the wife, for me it is easy, I make here something she can use in the bush and she is happy... Last year was a wool blanket lined canvas skirt to keep her but warm and this year will be a paddles sleeve to protect her nice beautiful light sitka spruce custom paddle I made here a wile back....

The table is a wine barrel head and was an experiment that really didn't work out, but stayed.

The stove looks a lot better than when I bought it, two hours of metal polishing works wonders.

When you live in Manitoba you can by with buying your bride thick socks and long underwear. I bought her a -35 sleeping bag as well, what more could a woman want?

you can come and paddle mine, but you can't keep it. It and my flashfire are now my favorite canoes. It' green of course.
Merry christmas

Back