• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Old Town Tripper for sale in Carthage, North Carolina

Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this and hope it isn't against any forum rules but as this is a tripping website and this is a good high volume tripping canoe....

This was posted sometime yesterday. If I hadn't just bought that Mad River Northwoods just a week ago I'd be making the 1-1/2 hour drive to see it right now.....if it were still available. I does look to be in pretty reasonable condition.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/d/carthage-old-town-tripper-17-canoe/7198948232.html

Bet regards,

Lance

Appears to be gone already. :-(

Well, sad for some but good for me. I would have been sleeping in the camper for a while if I'd bought another canoe this soon even though I've wanted to try a Tripper.

Given how much the price of decent canoes, and especially Royalex canoes, has jumped in the last three months or so I would be surprised if it lasted more than a few hours, most especially at that price. I've seen what would normally have been crazy high prices for canoes that were apparently sold within a few days. Those includes a white gunwale early Tripper in Roanoke listed for $1200, a pair of Dagger Reflections in two different towns in the $950-1100 range, A Wenonah Adirondack for $1400 and even a few $750 and $800 Discoveries that the ads for which disappeared within a few days. I suspect that the word "Royalex" sells high right now due to name recognition as much as anything else.

Two weeks ago I'd have been on that $600 Tripper like a bad rash if it had been available. Aside from just a bit of a dulled finish on the bottom of the hull it looked pretty darn good.

If you ever spot a canoe down this way and I'm free I'd be glad to check it out for you. I'm a half hour north of Winston-Salem, North Carolina and I'm about two ours fro Roanoke, Raleigh and Charlotte so they are all kind of "local".

Best regards to all,

Lance

Interestingly there is now a craigslist ad in the area seeking a Tripper using one of the photos from the Tripper for sale ad of yesterday stating that they want to buy a Tripper and have cash in hand. I guess the one for sale that got away got other folks fired up too.....

Back