• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Old Town Camper Royalex 16' for sale $800 1988

Reaction score
Located on Long Island NY
$800
Always stored indoor garage
I can meet within a certain distance to help out.IMG_5443.PNGIMG_5444.PNGIMG_5445.PNGIMG_5446.PNG
Pretty good shape considering my test paddle took us backwards down as Robin called it "sketchy" rapids in CT a few years back. After swimming back to the boat as Waterspyder was I believe doing the same (or he was solo paddling from the bow) I was thankful for the drysuit and handed Robin his money and said "thank you, I'll take it". Actually Robin was smarter and I think I paid before washing out the insides. It has been a great tripping boat and short but wonderful memories. From the Bronx river through the gardens, Jersey Pine Barrens, ADK, Long Island sound (water police asked me for a registration because I had a Minn Kota motor on it going no joke 2-3 mph. Was going to drive it to Colorado but our daughter realized that it was my dream and not hers.

Last edited:
That last sentence smarts… I’m having similar realizations. The kids are getting old enough to have their own interests and don’t necessarily want to tag along with dad 😞

That last sentence smarts… I’m having similar realizations. The kids are getting old enough to have their own interests and don’t necessarily want to tag along with dad 😞
Same here, no enthusiasm for canoes in my daughter and son in law. Thinking I might as well sell what I’m not using as they have little
interest in storing them despite plentiful yard space.

Coldfeet - I"m pretty interested but not sure when I would have the time to pick it up. If you recall I have that exact canoe. Love it - and would love to have another

Hi CT, no rush maybe one day things will line up and we will be near each other. My friend has property near you and when autumn/winter starts it's possible we will be near each other. Haha, twins would make a lot of people stare and confuse them. Mine is also an 88, I wonder which came first?

Located on Long Island NY
$800
Always stored indoor garage
I can meet within a certain distance to help out.View attachment 136828View attachment 136829View attachment 136830View attachment 136831
Pretty good shape considering my test paddle took us backwards down as Robin called it "sketchy" rapids in CT a few years back. After swimming back to the boat as Waterspyder was I believe doing the same (or he was solo paddling from the bow) I was thankful for the drysuit and handed Robin his money and said "thank you, I'll take it". Actually Robin was smarter and I think I paid before washing out the insides. It has been a great tripping boat and short but wonderful memories. From the Bronx river through the gardens, Jersey Pine Barrens, ADK, Long Island sound (water police asked me for a registration because I had a Minn Kota motor on it going no joke 2-3 mph. Was going to drive it to Colorado but our daughter realized that it was my dream and not hers.
:(yep, here goes another one, but good news is that it will get enjoyed more than I can offer it....Chestnut Chum getting posted
Given we both realized we should sell canoes we weren’t using, I couldn’t in good conscience try to sell my OT camper on this site while you were doing the same. Using another method to advertise its availability I sold my OT Camper yesterday. Best wishes on yours finding its next owner.

Thanks Will but I wouldn’t mind it’s a big country. Glad you did. I just might still get yo use that royalex a few more times.

I did try Facebook marketplace and received no joke about 15 -20 scam messages back. I pulled the sale and still get messages asking about what type of boat it is when the posting clearly states it. Yep, send me your bank info and I'll have someone pick up the canoe. I hope I don't fall for a scam years from now.

Scamming is a billion dollar industry (and that's just what's reported). I used to get 30 spam calls a day until I started answering the phone like it's a business line. "Wee, Cheetam & Howe Financial Services" is only getting a few unsolicited calls a day now.
I always answer my spam/scam phone calls with "Jake's mortuary services, you stab 'em we slab 'em!" There's been a noticeable drop off in calls.

Back