• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

No Pain, No Gain

YC, you planning to drop by one your way through? Just let us know when you are close and we'll send directions.

Robin, I found a used GoPro 4 with many accessories on Kijiji this morning but it is an old ad. If he still has it I will pick it up. What program do you use to edit?

Al, thanks, we do enjoy the port cutting. The aches and pains are worth the satisfaction.
We have 27 hours to go and that is optimistic.
We have a small travel trailer and an ancient dog for heads up. The dog hates the canoe!
I'll get in touch when we get closer. Not sure of our route from North Bay yet. Might be via Geraldton or maybe Wawa to try to catch Becky Mason

Alaska, wow, that will be a nice trip. It's a shame you have to cross Saskatchewan to get there. Lol.

Like Karin said, drop a dime on us, there is plenty of space here. Small town Manitoba...its pretty cool.

Christy

Ice, you might need to change your routine if you came out with us. We tend to plod along and enjoy the scenery and fish the occasional fishy looking spots. Finding and opening ports is also time consuming but worth it. We had the chainsaw, axe and Coghlans folding bow saw for this trip. We only take the chainsaw(s) when purposely knowing we are cutting out ports. A machete would be handy up there as well.

I was worried that I would never have caught up to you with the days lead. If I knew that you would spending the days cutting trails and fishing there may have been hope for me! A new routine may have been perfect!! Glad you shared the pictures and adventure!

You guys are doing so well. I hate 71 That's why we are doing Bowron Lakes! We're in Serpent River ON tonight bound for Pukaskwa NP tomorrow and expect Winterpeg Saturday. Name your brew. I'm shopping tomorrow on the Soo

We don't think we are doing so well. All our trips keep getting shorter and further between.

So I suppose you are past Pam's place already? Did you drop in for a visit?

Considering I haven't had a drink yet this year I'll take a pass but I'll ask Christy.

I'm sure you have your trusty GPS. We live in Warren, about 22km up highway 6. Have to go right by the town. Maybe out of your way a bit?

216 MacDonald Ave. Beside the Tempo gas station. Solo canoe wind vane on the old out building, or just ask at the station, they will point you next door to us, ha ha ha. We don't do cell phones, home # is 204-322-5657

Didn't check in with Pam. We don't go by Parry Sound and my guess is she is not at Pancake Bay as the Assembly in NY is in six days

Ice...not to worry. It looks like I will be doing a bunch of trips up that way over the next few years. Feel free to go for a paddle and check it out.

YC...stock up on whatever grabs you. I mostly drink coffee, but in your honour I may try a beer. Ontario has sooooo many different brands. All of my old favourites. The selection is much simpler here.
Yeah, truth be told we do ok, considering. Geeze, I still solo with portages. Not far, not fast, but I get there, me. Hopefully for a lot longer. I have a couple of young ladies who want to go for a day trip next week. Maybe I can get a new sherpa out of the deal...lol.

See ya saturday, we'll BBQ.

Christy

Back