No New Memberships till mid August

Robin,

Just curious...Is this because you have too many bogus applicants? Or is the technical side temporarily overwhelming?
I would gladly endorse a third party Nigerian check to find out!!

HaHa, No, everything is fine, just a temporary glitch that prevents me from vetting new members. It should be worked out by mid month.

On another note, I sometimes get folks who sigh up but don't respond to the 3 questions I send them to confirm their interest in canoes. I send reminders, then if no response, I delete the application.
Some of the new sign ups have obvious tell tale hints that suggest evil intentions that even I can pick up on and I don't expect a reply, but others look pretty genuine. (but they don't respond).
Now if I was upset that I had to prove my good intentions to join a website, I would reply with a note telling the administrator why. And as administrator, I would be glad they declined as they no doubt have some issues I would rather not deal with. I don't think it's that though, I'm not sure why someone would go through the effort to sign up and then ignore an honest attempt to keep the site running smoothly.

I wonder if folks set up a new email account just for this site and never check back to see if they received mail?

Hopefully someday soon I will be able to have the membership count visible and new members user names displayed, hit the LIKE button if you agree.;)

I thought it was cause you were going Mem's way! On a TRIP!!! I can' t wait to see if I am cleared today!

Is he going on a trip? That would be good, he really needs one. Robin, just don't get sick like I am this week. I hope to be better by Thursday.

YC, cleared in only 2 weeks? You aren't serious are you?

YES!!! Cardiologist went over all records, new 12 lead and said "I'll see you next July". No restrictions. I specifically asked about wilderness tripping and he said "sure".. even with Plavix. His words are ""there are a hundred other ways you can get killed on the water. I'm not worried about your heart". I think he is a paddler.

Now I was lucky. No damage to the muscle. Others aren't. I might not be next time

Carpe Diem!