• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

New Guy from North Carolina

G

Grew up in Michigan paddling the many lakes and rivers, but not really any extended trips.

In the last few years, have done some longer trips on rivers here in North Carolina, and recently had the opportunity to do a solo trip in BWCA. Now, that I'm retired (US Army) I'm looking forward to many more trips.

Welcome to the board bc.

I just retired 22 years USPS and 22 years Army/Army Reserve and can also attest that retirement is the way to go.

Welcome Bart. My brother lives in NC, and paddles a canoe and kayak, though I don’t know where. I love every road trip south, but I’m especially in love with NC. Happy paddling.

Hi Bartcanoe, Hey, Thanks for your service, Retirement is great, I hope you enjoy yours, you earned it. You too Sweeper, Great to see our Service Folks enjoying life and out there paddling.
No long time service myself, although I spent 15 months with the 25th Infantry in 68/69.
Welcome Home

Welcome Bart. My brother lives in NC, and paddles a canoe and kayak, though I don’t know where. I love every road trip south, but I’m especially in love with NC. Happy paddling.

Next time you visit your brother bring a canoe, and do a trip. Not Canadian wilderness, but our water never gets hard, so you can go any time of year.

Thanks Bart, I’d like that. Mike McCrea (on this site) has shared some great places down there to explore. I make a lot of plans, but many get left undone. Next time I’m down there, I’m going to slow down and tick off some boxes, and complete some plans.

Back