• Happy Scream Day! 😱

“Need” a new solo!

I have to say, that wood trim is awfully sexy on those new Phoenix! Glenn even had to drop in a photo of his SRT with those Hemlock slotted gunwales.....works of art! I've dreamt about taking my Phoenix up to Hemlock and having some custom slotted gunwales made for it......maybe someday.....of course then I would have the chance to test paddle an SRT and I would probably come home with one of those as well.....My "old" Phoenix was feeling left out so I posted a photo of it below.....I picked it up in the Spring of 2017. It was a custom order that the buyer backed out of.....it was the only one available in the country at the time.....If I had ordered one, I wouldn't have received it until the Fall. It's an IXP with a red gelcoat....maybe the only one in the country.....I didn't want the gelcoat, but I didn't want to lose 6 months of paddling either......the early IXP Phoenix didn't have float tanks so the boat was negatively buoyant when filled with water and no big packs in them.....they built them that way then to allow for more room for gear.....empty, they became submarines when swamped.....I learned the hard way! I have since outfitted it with float bags for when I go play in the many artificial whitewater features that have been installed on the area rivers.

Mike

IMG_2346.jpg

I have to say, that wood trim is awfully sexy on those new Phoenix! Glenn even had to drop in a photo of his SRT with those Hemlock slotted gunwales.....works of art! I've dreamt about taking my Phoenix up to Hemlock and having some custom slotted gunwales made for it......maybe someday.....of course then I would have the chance to test paddle an SRT and I would probably come home with one of those as well.....My "old" Phoenix was feeling left out so I posted a photo of it below.....I picked it up in the Spring of 2017. It was a custom order that the buyer backed out of.....it was the only one available in the country at the time.....If I had ordered one, I wouldn't have received it until the Fall. It's an IXP with a red gelcoat....maybe the only one in the country.....I didn't want the gelcoat, but I didn't want to lose 6 months of paddling either......the early IXP Phoenix didn't have float tanks so the boat was negatively buoyant when filled with water and no big packs in them.....they built them that way then to allow for more room for gear.....empty, they became submarines when swamped.....I learned the hard way! I have since outfitted it with float bags for when I go play in the many artificial whitewater features that have been installed on the area rivers.

Mike

View attachment 133845
She’s a looker! I did consider the red fabric outer layer on a Starlight layup. But wanted this one to be tough.

Back