• Happy 1st Showing of a Color Photograph (1861)! 📷🎥🏳️‍🌈

​Minicel at BigBox stores

G

I appreciate having sheets of 7/16 inch thick minicel exercise flooring readily available at WallyWorld or Harbor Freight, and the embossed diamond tread pattern is more durable than flat minicel.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-6-Piece-Puzzle-Mat/43524147

But thicker chunks of minicel are harder to come by. Or are they?

My thanks to Willie at Slacker Boatworks for this heads up. Minicel Yoga blocks at Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=yoga blocks 2 pack&typeahead=yoga blocks

3x9x6 inches, in a variety of color choices.

What Willie was doing in the yoga isle should best remain a mystery. I really don’t want a mental image of Willie doing Happy Baby.

I really don’t want a mental image of Willie doing Happy Baby.

I always learn something new from your posts and that's not always a good thing. Someday I'll learn to stop Googling phrases used by you that are unknown to me. Some things are just better left that way.

Alan

Walmart provides free shipping if you pick it up at the store. I ordered 4 single blocks of 3X6X9 for $12.44 including shipping. Pretty, pretty, pretty good as Larry David would say

Walmart provides free shipping if you pick it up at the store. I ordered 4 single blocks of 3X6X9 for $12.44 including shipping.

You sure got some purty burgundy colored minicel there Willie. Do Happy Baby for us.

Yep nice and cheap in many stores now...

BUT, some of the floor tiles can have quite a stink to them. Who knows what they're "off-gassing"? That could be a concern to some folks? Might not be a concern for canoe use but for inside use it might not be pleasant.

Last time I bought some I bought it a month ahead of when I needed it and let it sit in my shed for awhile. Problem solved.

BUT, some of the floor tiles can have quite a stink to them. Who knows what they're "off-gassing"? That could be a concern to some folks? Might not be a concern for canoe use but for inside use it might not be pleasant.

Funny you would mention that. I picked up a two pack of those minicel yoga blocks at Walmart. They are blue and smell exactly like grape soda, which to my nose is kind of disgusting.

I’m waiting to see if the burgundy ones Willie ordered smell like Merlot.

Whoa! Do I see it cheap source of pedestal material there?

I guess you could glue them together like Jenga blocks for pedestal size and carve that. I’d suggest alternating pink and purple yoga blocks for a garish checkerboard.

For the effort involved I’d probably spring for two thick buns of minicel glued together.