• Happy Birthday, Liberace (1919-87)! 🤵🏻🎹🕎

Malacite center seat question

Reaction score
My Malacite came with a center seat that I removed almost 25 years ago shortly after I bought the boat. I thought I knew where all of the hardware was but was only able to find two spacers and two bolts. I know I am at least missing two bolts, my question is, am I also missing two spacers or is it possible the seat was only dropped in the front and mounted to the gunnel in the rear. I never used either the bolts or spacers on another canoe and can't figure why they aren't all together. Thanks, Alan

I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't find stuff !! I'm looking for a 5,000 BTU Air conditioner, that I can't find since I've moved !
Oh and as soon as you buy new bolts and spacers, the old will turn up !

I don't have a Malacite, but can only offer advise.
How long are the spacers you have ?
Are they drilled out wood dowels ?

On my solos, I prefer my front spacers, about 3 1/2"- 4", and the rear 3/4" less. The seats I make are drop seats, if your seat is flat, I'd add an inch to those spacer measurements.
Hope that helps, if you can't find factory specs !

Good Luck !

Jim

I don't know how they got separated, I've known where they were all these years and just assumed they were all there. The spacers I have are 1.75 " and probably the rear ones. I'm not looking to reinstall the seat since I cut it down for another boat years ago I was going to put them in a zip lock bag and label them today. Talk about procrastination. Thanks for the info and I hope you find your air conditioner, I hear there's a heat wave down there.;)

My '94 wood trim Malacite has the 1.75 inch spacers in front with the rear snug against the gunnels.

Back