• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Lower Jo-Mary Stream Passage

Reaction score
Does anyone have any details about using the Lower Jo-Mary Stream to get into Pemaduncook? Is it ever passable or is it always a carry? Looks pretty scratchy but doesn't seem too bad if you had to portage there.

1660309860223.png

I think Robin and co. are on their way there... They will be back in a few days. That part of Maine has had all the rain you wish you had.

We spent a long time looking at that stretch to consider if it was runnable or not. We decided that it was not runnable and bushwacked to Pemadumcook. This involved spring water levels. There is a substantial drop there and many boulders. We were in wood and canvas canoes. Your mileage may vary.

The road was gated about a mile above the bridge, so we parked at the gate and carried in.

Fitz

We spent a long time looking at that stretch to consider if it was runnable or not. We decided that it was not runnable and bushwacked to Pemadumcook. This involved spring water levels. There is a substantial drop there and many boulders. We were in wood and canvas canoes. Your mileage may vary.

The road was gated about a mile above the bridge, so we parked at the gate and carried in.

Fitz
Hi Fitz, When you say you spent a long time looking at this, was that in person or online? Are you saying that you would not be able to walk your boat through it?

Sorry for the confusion. No, we stood on the bridge for a while evaluating the options and chose to bushwack. I don't think you could walk or line a canoe down either.

Goonstroke has a photo of the chute in his trip report here:

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion. No, we stood on the bridge for a while evaluating the options and chose to bushwack. I don't think you could walk or line a canoe down either.

Goonstroke has a photo of the chute in his trip report here:

Thanks for the clarification.

Back