• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Left behind item

Reaction score
I am putting my kit together for a trip next week and I cannot locate my UCO candle lantern. I can find the case and spare candles, but no lantern or reflector. I can remember taking my time packing up camp on our last day on the last trip and everything else was in its place when I got home. Then it occurred to me that I don’t remember taking it off the tree in camp… crud. Not an expensive item, but I liked it and had it on many adventures. I just ordered a replacement and it should be here the day before I leave.

Any left behind favorites?

Bob

not the UCO lantern! I had one once. I love Luci lights better. I paddled five miles to get a Dromedary I left at a portage once. Now it has orange tape.

Ha! - thanks Yellowcanoe. When I read your post I thought “Oh right, I need my Luci light too.” And there was the UCO lantern. No idea why it was in that bag, but I was happy to see it!

Love my UCO - we spent an entire rainy day in the tent and it made it a little more bearable.

Bit of a stretch, but I left a soft cooler with 3, 8"x2" links of dried/cured salami in a hotel in Renfrew. Realized around Barry's Bay and called the hotel to let them know.

I'm a little obsessive when it comes to leaving camp.

My nephew and I were heading in after a 4 day trip, and it started pouring rain. We had 2 miles to go, so we threw on the rain gear and kept going. It was a very heavy summer rain. We got to the take out and made a couple of fast carries from the water to the vehicle, it was about a hundred yards. We double checked to make sure we didn't leave anything at the waters edge. We got out of the rain gear before getting in the truck. I had the engine and air conditioner running to help clear the mist on the inside of the windows. So we were just sitting there talking about the heavy deluge of rain. I kept thinking something wasn't right. Ya know that gut feeling thing. I got out and took a quick look. Yup everything tied down and didn't see anything lying around. 5 hours later I was home unloading stuff. Tent? Oh 😣 that sucks! I remember hitting it with my toe, thinking to myself to make sure I pick it up and put it in the trailer, after getting the canoe tied down. It was just under the trailer. We drove off and left it. That guy feeling was telling me.
Roy

Last week, after picking up my Peregrine, I took a quick spin on Hemlock lake and left an Old Town beavertail paddle laying at the launch. Not a heartbreaker - just stupid and distracted trying to get the new boat back on the car.
If anyone found this or knows who found it I'd appreciate the chance to get it back.

The most significant thing I ever left behind was my longtime folding pocket knife, which apparently fell out of my pants in the bathroom of a McDonald's in Tupper Lake the morning of a week long trip in the Adirondacks. Stupid and embarrassing.

UCO candle lantern

I have one of those . . . somewhere in my heap garage. Use to love it but couldn't read by it.

Luci lights

I bought two of those based on favorable talk about them on this site, but I can't read by their diffuse light either. Nor will they charge up on a cloudy day. I now use them for unreliable nightlights at home.

Back