• Happy Star Wars Day! 🌇🚶🏼‍,👑👊🏼🔙

It finally stopped raining

Reaction score
It's the middle of May and normal temps are in the high 60's and I can't remember the last time I paddled! Mostly because of continuous rain, partly because of flood stage levels on the rivers, partly because our most used park was closed due to flooding, and maybe due to weird temperatures like the frost warning we have for tonight.

But this afternoon something called the sun came out and our park was open. The St Joseph river is just below flood level and running at twice normal volume so upstream paddling was a good workout and the current was strong enough that you had to pay attention. There are new trees along the shoreline so we'll have to learn where the new hazards are.

Overall we were extra very happy to get out.

image.jpeg

meanwhile in Maine.
the ice isnt out entirely in Rangeley
Moosehead cleared yesterday
1-6 inches of snow Tues
followed by more rain
60 would be lovely

Streams are nicely filled in Ohio, but water is falling out of the sky pretty regularly. Rain predicted for the weekend again, while Monday and Tuesday are going to be sunny again. I'm so tired of mud it isn't funny. Bathing dogs every time they come inside.

Streams are nicely filled in Ohio, but water is falling out of the sky pretty regularly. Rain predicted for the weekend again, while Monday and Tuesday are going to be sunny again. I'm so tired of mud it isn't funny. Bathing dogs every time they come inside.

We're still working our way up to mud. We finally have a mostly sunny long range forecast. As the rivers go down to somewhere near normal it's gonna be muddy. Many farmer's fields are still not planted. At least the lawn looks nice.

The rain here has finally let up...mostly. Now it's lightning storms. Most rivers still running very high, and will be for some time. Fixin' to spend an evening on the lake. Maybe I'll bring a fishing pole.

three weeks after the last post and we are almost making it to 60.. We get one day of sun out of seven but no torrential rains.. The wood stove is still getting exercise.

Back