• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

If you think you can, you can't

WOW. I didn't think a fire would be a big danger when in the middle of sizable lake. Prob. easy to underestimate the local wind and turbulence and toxic gases and...etc. Quite the story.

Absolutely incredible up close reporting of a wildfire survival experience, and valuable for all who venture out of doors. Until now I had little understanding of the full measure of a firestorm. Puts into proper perspective the very minor inconvenience of summer campfire bans.
Thanks Sweeper.

Great and scary video. The closest I was to a fire was on Kenoji ; the fire was some four miles away. Breathing was difficult. We were fortunate to be able to get evacuated by air.

I tripped in a burned area earlier this year and was surprised by all of the trees knocked over by wind that didn't appear to have been burned at all. Any wind that could knock over swaths of trees like that wouldn't be a place I'd want to be in a canoe, and that's without even considering the smoke and embers.

I tripped in a burned area earlier this year and was surprised by all of the trees knocked over by wind that didn't appear to have been burned at all. Any wind that could knock over swaths of trees like that wouldn't be a place I'd want to be in a canoe, and that's without even considering the smoke and embers.
A story.. Wabakimi ecosystem depends on fire and usually fires are not managed. We went over an 1100 meter portage that had been burned two years before. Trunks that had withstood the burn had fallen over blocking them. 450 of them . This is why in Northern Ontario if you can you carry a chain saw. Fire affects the root system .

Back