• Happy 1st Showing of a Color Photograph (1861)! 📷🎥🏳️‍🌈

Hello from SW PA

Reaction score
Just registered yesterday. Seeing a few familiar names in the forums and looking forward to joining the conversations. 2014 was a bit of a tough year for my paddling and camping schedule as there was a forced remodeling of the domicile due to invasion of large uninvited red oak trees. I did however get to dust off my woodshop skills! So a shout out to Conk, Scottb, Mr. McCrea, CEW and others.

Wes

Welcome Wes. I'm living in Altoona Pa and paddle and hike the Yough and surrounding areas a lot. I hope you can get out more in 2015 and look forward to hearing about some of your local paddling spots.

Cheers,
Barry

I heard of your domicile disaster but was not aware there were multiple trees involved. Has the Oak invasion taken on the character of one of your fishing stories? Tree or trees, folks here will enjoy your adventure stories no matter the size of the fish.

Welcome Wes, I hope you're happy in the new abode and that there's some oak in the woodpile to keep you warm while planning your next paddling adventure.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Been traveling on business for a few days but was able to see your replies.

Barry, I make it your direction at least a few times each year. We have a family camp between Huntingdon and State College. Always like to float the various branches of the Juniata for smallmouth fishing.

Conk my friend I'll have to convey the story of the oak invasion around a campfire! Suffice to say that it was a fine test of cardiovascular fitness at 2:00 in the morning.

Turtle, I know a number of folks from your area or at least nearby, Rochester, Buffalo and Chautauqua.

I paddle primarily solo canoes, currently have a Swift Shearwater, Bell Magic and MR Guide. Have done a number of Boundary Water trips though have missed the last few years due to insidious things like work and unnatural disasters. Looking forward to sharing stories and perhaps even meeting some new friends along with reacquainting with old friends.

Wes

Back