• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from southeast Florida, USA.

Reaction score
Despite my user name, I am just getting started hunting pythons in the Everglades. Plus, my Old Town Osprey canoe was stolen recently and I'm wanting to replace it with a really short, light canoe ideal for navigating the Everglades mangrove thickets and sawgrass. If anyone has info about a 10 foot to 12 foot canoe available, please let me know. Have been looking at Wee Lassie 10' 6", but so expensive. Maybe will get a Guide 119. Hope to see you out there tripping someday. Floyd

If you want a boat that does multiday outings a boat up to 15 feet works well.. I have done the Labyrinth and Charley Creek and Halfway Creek loop and more in 10 day trips in the Everglades. Nightmare no problem. Longer means more carrying capacity ( for that dratted water). I have not yet punched Rabbit Key grasses with my 15 foot RapidFire but that is on the bucket list. Wee Lassie has virtually no room for a load unless you are a tubercular George Washington Sears size. He was 90 lbs.
What really is a killer in the mangroves is a wide canoe.. You no doubt have run into that problem at low tide

Back