• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from Minnesota

Reaction score
Howdy from Mintysoda. Finally decided to throw my hat in the ring after relying on this forum for tripping info. Have a 17' Bell Northwind Blackgold and a daughter (Camp Widji girl) who gives me disapproving looks anytime it nears the rocks. Just finished off the season with a mid-October BWCA/Isabella lake trip before the snow flew and the hard water set in. I'm a gear junkie (admitting you have a problem is the first step I'm told) who has been obsessing over vintage portage packs, stoves, and beavertail paddles as of late. Also spend way too much time (wife's opinion, not mine) hunting, fly fishing, and camping. Looking forward to learning more and contributing where I can. Mike

Welcome, I too like to collect beavertail paddles and old portage packs. The paddle thing started getting out of hand so I gave a few away and now have just 6 beaver tails and 5 vintage Chestnut Canoe Company paddles. I have 4 Duluth Packs and 3 Woods packs also.

539253E8-C00B-4B40-8194-E5751324116E.jpeg

: 1854C43F-A2BA-43BD-B598-AFF6A70610A8.jpeg

Welcome, glad to see another Minnesotan! Got 14" of snow one year over MEA on Isabella lake, almost didn't get out because they don't plow those roads.

Welcome from your neighbor in Iowa.

Neat idea to use thwarts for the paddle racks, Robin.

Alan

Nice collection Robin. Love the paddle hanger. Here are the latest two packs I just picked up.

IMG_a 4693.jpg

IMG_f 4687.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_a 4693.jpg
    IMG_a 4693.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_f 4687.jpg
    IMG_f 4687.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 0
Those are nice packs, gotta wonder where they have been. One of my Woods Packs came from an outfitter on the Albany River from years ago, how many campsites it's seen is anyone's guess.

I used old canoe thwarts on those canoe racks, Thanks

Last edited:
Back