• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

Hello from McCandless PA

Reaction score
I sort of forgot to introduce myself when I signed up last year. Just started posting. At least Robin recognized me from CCR.

Current fleet consists of a Bell Magic in need of new rails, a MR Freedom Solo, and QCC 500x touring kayak. All of which are under used. Maybe 2015 will be better. I love to "futz" in the shop (as McCrea puts it) modifying boats and gear. This spring will see either a full Magic rail replacement or a simple scarfing of new wood to replace the rotted stem sections.

A note about my current avatar: Pic was taken on the Dumoine River in Quebec in 1980. Buggiest trip I have ever experienced. Ahhh, the days of bushy beards and before becoming follically challenged!

Jim

My "anti spam, anti hack" policy is to send 3 questions out to new registrations to prove they are interested in canoes. It helps keep the site free of trouble makers.
Sometimes I just recognize a user name from somewhere in the internet world, as in the case of Jsaults and stand on the shore and wave him into the campfire.
Welcome Sir.

A campfire would be good. Probably several months until the snow is melted and conditions are favorable. My thoughts go back to the fall of 2013 when a small group of us gathered under an elaborate tarp city to brave the wind and rain at Raystown and salute out dear departed friend NT.

Back