• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from Australia

G

Hello, I've been paddling for a few years and now enjoy my wenonah after restoring a few older canoes

He is a sample of the types of trips and gear i use during the australian summer.

Welcome Lepmeister! It must be a challenge to share the water with those crocodiles, here in the states we read about fisherman being taken by them! Mighty brave in my opinion. Nearly makes our bears seem cuddly.
I'm pretty sure you're the first canoer from Australia on the site, look forward to hearing more from you!

Best Wishes and Welcome!

Rob

Welcome. Great video and very tasty looking camp cookery. Looking forward to hearing more about tripping down under.

Welcome. I read your post in an Australian accent for some reason and then watched your videos....my accent was spot on! Looks similar to some areas around here in Pennsylvania. Masterful bread making skills too.

Cheers,
Barry

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm located in Sydney, NSW which is south eastern Australia so lucky for us we don't get crocodiles this far south. The snakes and spiders are the worse we have to deal with.

You will no doubt pick up on the inspiration your part of the world has on my canoe / hiking / bushcraft ways.

That's hilarious Waterdog... :)

Greetings.

What kind of device did you use to move your camera around above you while you were in the picture on the beach?

Hi Gelnn, I have the camera attached to the end of a hiking pole using a stickpic.

Welcome aboard! Glad to see we are all alike in all parts of the world. Hope you have a great time here. You may have noticed, the folks on this forum are great people, and always ready to help or share a story.

Here's hoping you stay dry.

Momentum

Thanks again guys,

The mats in the canoe are a medium density foam (they sell them in squares that lock together to be used as flooring in caravan annex and the like) not sure on the weights of them but the four of them you could hold on your pinky finger. I keep using them for two reasons, the first stems back from when the canoe was brand new and i wanted to protect the inside, but the real functionality of them is that when a little water gets into the canoe (from fishing or excited bow paddlers) all my gear doesn't get wet.

Sure does seem to be a great forum. The level of respect, comradery and engagement is very nice to see and to become a part of.

Back