• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Green River through Canyonlands?

Reaction score
In an attempt to get back to paddling topics... Has anyone done the float down the Green River in Canyonlands? If yes, was it easy to find campsites? Any good day hikes to report? Pictographs or other interesting finds? Pringles

The Green is on my bucket list.

I’d really like to do that trip as part of a small/select group. And I’d like to do that trip with folks who have been before.

And I’d like for someone else to make all the arrangements, so all I have to do is make a long roadtrip with boats racked on the van.

I may have opportunity to paddle there this spring, and I should probably pledge to that trip, as loath as I am to commit anything scheduled.

Of course, once out west other areas beckon; the Chiricahuas, Big Bend, may be some Ozarks stuff on the way back…

Last edited:
Well Lord Chesterfield Ale(Google thank you , I find there is a decent Yuengling beer!), keep your eyes on the snowpack in Wyoming. Tex's Riverways outfitters has a good website with decent river updates. I highly recommend them as they are a professional acting organization. They run some jetboats for shuttles, and the jetboats slow down to a crawl when paddlers or camped canoeists are in sight. Being good watermen means a lot to me. Spring could bring a flood. Floods really take away from making eddies or for making hikes for that matter. Or it could be beautiful. We had snow the last day. And 100 degrees in the same week in fall.

I expect you might want to avoid June July Aug as you might feel like a fried egg on a Teflon pan.

Here is Tex's site http://www.texsriverways.com/

I would go with you but Florida/Arkansas/Missouri calls in March April and PA in May. I think I should return home at least once to clean the bathroom. I would go in a heartbeat in the fall again.

I am ready to arrive at Moab Sept 11. I am willing to make arrangements but the permitting process requires a list of concrete names on submission.

Last edited:
Back