• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Free Canoe!

Reaction score
Very nice guy in Oro Valley, Az gave me his used but very usable Blackhawk Covenant. It is a solo, and apparently had some kind of fiberglass kneeling saddle affixed to the bottom, however that saddle is gone. I will mount a seat very low, maybe just a inch or two off the floor. I took the boat to the local park with a 12 acre lake for a test drive. The hull is very slender, wants to roll, and I could not get into the boat from the dock. Had to wade into the water at the boat ramp, with the canoe floating in about a foot of water and was able to slide in carefully. Once I got situated in the bottom sitting on a 2 inch cushion she seemed just fine, perfectly stable. I had brought the wrong paddle of course, but she gets up and goes anyway and is quite fast. Looks like she is 14' 6" and 39 lbs. Very narrow and very shallow.
I did not expect to like it as much as I do. Requires more testing.

My first attempt at posting photos

Attachments

• photo18576.jpg
    photo18576.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo18577.jpg
    photo18577.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo18578.jpg
    photo18578.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo18579.jpg
    photo18579.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 1
And in Arizona no less. The kind gentleman had a couple more Blackhawks, in like new condition hanging in the garage. And some nice Quimby freestyle paddles. Living near Tucson, he has very few places to use that equipment.

Until we get the pictures issue resolved, this is my work-around. It works for me from a windows pc, but I am not sure if it works using other systems:

Make sure the curser is in the place where you want the picture to go. Click on "upload attachment". You will see:

Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove
[file name here].jpg

I usually click on "medium" and the picture is inserted.

Back