• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

First paddle/ hot lap

Reaction score
The ice was out on the lake in early April but I couldn't seem to make it down to the lake until April 30..shameful, I know. I live across the street from a pretty small lake but it's nice to throw the boat in and go for a hot lap, takes about 30 leisurely minutes, was nice to be out on the water again.

image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks guys, its a Northland Canoe made in Huntsville Ontario. My Mom says they got it in 1971 but the serial number is 1572 (IIRC, I'll have to double check that) because of that I'm inclined to believe that it was built in 1972? Does that sound plausible? I happen to be a 1971 model myself, this was our family canoe growing up and after letting go into a state of rather poor repair my Dad restored it and gave it to my wife and I for a wedding present, that was 7 years ago. I love the old girl.

Just did some reading on Northland canoes. Is the outside skin fiberglass? Seems like that was their style, fiberglass instead of canvas.

Never took any dimensions but yes, the outside is fiberglass, built like a canvas canoe (I imagine) brass nails and such, but fiberglass instead of canvas.

Back