• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

Error

I have made more than one, spelling, punctuation, run on sentences, poor choice of words and the sad thing of it is, it is just going to get worse.

The same thing has happened twice in a row. I typed a rather long post, previewed it and then posted it. Only to discover that only the first sentence or so actually posted. Has anyone else had this problem?

The same thing has happened twice in a row. I typed a rather long post, previewed it and then posted it. Only to discover that only the first sentence or so actually posted. Has anyone else had this problem?

Not yet !
I usually make at least one correction in every post. So I'm pretty experienced !
Jim

Are you guys writing stuff up in another application ie: Word and then copying it to the forum? I know of one user who does that and has problems. I post directly here on the forum, like this field right now, and haven't had any of these problems. I do think something broke on the last upgrade and can contact the IT but that does cost.

dougd

I had problems long ago with the Word copy and paste thing, and chose to simply type and post directly, just like Doug says. No problemo.
The upgrade solved a lot of old issues. Life is good.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have had problems when using the Android tablet. No problem with the PC though.

Using IOS. Never had a problem before.

Badger, if you are still having posting problems try eliminating the use of any contraction apostrophe, no let us or did not or etc contractions. As well as avoiding quotation marks, or any other symbol above the number keys on a standard keyboard.

I do not know IOS from SOS from SOB. But, using a desktop PC, writing in Word with cut and paste action, any symbol at the top of the number keyboard cut off posts immediately before the first symbol appeared.

Give it another shot. Inquiring minds want to know what lay up, what year, what condition? The Spirit II is a well regarded, long produced, do a bit of everything tandem hull.

https://www.wenonah.com/Canoes.aspx?id=13

Jeeze Louise, Wenonah has changed their website. Not for the better. Where the heck are the online links to currently produced Wenonah models in this mess?

https://www.wenonah.com/

Go ahead, click on random links until you find the catalog listing for any Wenonah model.

Thanks Mike
Good info. I have not tried again because I do
not want to have a lot of posts without content out there annoying folks. I will give it one last try.

Piggy backing on Mike McCrea- I typically access this site with an iPhone and have had that problem as well. Ive learned to avoid apostrophes (see what I did there) and it works fine. If you screw up, you can always go back and make an edit to the previous post. A good select all, copy is helpful before hitting Post Reply too for an inevitable autocorrect.

-Another Mike

Thanks to everyone. It seem as though it was apostrophes and the like that was causing the problem. Now, if I can just remember not to use them. ;)

Back