• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Energy or Protein Bars?

I try to avoid saturated fats, so my go-to snack bar is Nature Valley Honey Oat, which claims 1 gram of sat fat.

Poor Gerald. These days, there are many convenience foods at the supermarket which are camping friendly, even for me with my weird diet. I camped 20 days in September. I think I took four commercial, dehydrated, pouch meals (Bacpacker Pantry or Mountain House). Everything else was off the shelf at the grocery market.

I try to avoid saturated fats, so my go-to snack bar is Nature Valley Honey Oat, which claims 1 gram of sat fat.

These days, there are many convenience foods at the supermarket which are camping friendly, even for me with my weird diet. I camped 20 days in September. I think I took four commercial, dehydrated, pouch meals (Bacpacker Pantry or Mountain House). Everything else was off the shelf at the grocery market.

Chip, I have no dietary restrictions and will eat almost anything, as long as it isn’t the same thing day after day.

With on-line ordering and a couple uber-stocked grocery stores a half hour away I can provision a trip with whatever variety I like. But when needing to resupply at some podunk small town grocery in the midst of multi-week travels the selection becomes more limited, and I have little use for lard in a gallon can or pickled watermelon.

My grocery nightmare is a shelf of nothing but Wonderbread stretching to infinity.

Back