• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Dry Bags

Reaction score
Good morning,

I am almost done upgrading/changing out gear and I can leave you good folks alone - for awhile.

Found a Camp Trails Tripper at Johnson Camping about a decade ago. Waiting for it to die but it won't - it was so cheap I had to buy it, but I didn't think Camp Trails was a good brand.

Regardless, I want to purchase either a Eureka Canoe Pack or a Cascade Designs Pro Pack. Folks on here have used both but I cannot determine a winner.

I have to stop triple/quadruple porting so I was thinking of going huge.

If there are any other brands you like please feel free to add to the reply.

Thank you.

After 10 or 15 years of use I have nothing but good things to say about the Cascade Designs/Sealline Pro Pack.

We have the 115L Pro Pack and it has been used on every trip, in harsh environments, in shuttle trailers, etc. Great dry bag pack

I've used them both, depends on which grade you buy. The cheaper ones are not as good. I have a top line eureka 115, and a bottom line one, and they're worlds apart. My sealine ones were all cheap ones, and they did not last.

We've had a 115L SealLine Pro for several years and haven't had any issues. We don't punish our gear and we don't trip with enough regularity to test any limits. Everything stays dry and the shoulder/hip belt harness system makes for a comfortable carry. But it isn't perfect. If the rubber fabric was replaced with canvas, the straps all replaced with leather, and the colour changed to olive green then yes this pack would be perfect. lol. But what do I know. The prices sure have gone up.
I paid < $200 taxes in. Those were the days.

I like the look of the Sloggs. They have handles on various places of the pack which are absent on my SealLine.

Last edited:
I have the SealLine Pro Pack, and the version before (which I have) had its issues. Those have been corrected with the current version. It's a burly, comfortable pack, even overloaded. And it's pretty much the only thing going in a big, comfortable dry pack. It looks like MEC has discontinued their upper-line Slogg (Pro, or some such) series, which had an aluminum frame. I have their 70L Pro and it's very nicely thought out and executed, but I have yet to try it.

Thank you folks - looks like the Seal line is unavailable at the moment. I'll keep looking and if I can't find one at some point I'll grab the Eureka. Looks like I'm good either way.

Thank you folks - looks like the Seal line is unavailable at the moment. I'll keep looking and if I can't find one at some point I'll grab the Eureka. Looks like I'm good either way.

Both Backcountry.com and Moosejaw show them in stock.

Thank you Mason.

I did find one on Backcoutry. I was hovering over add to cart but the I remembered that my old '61 Evinrude gave up the ghost and the state of NY is going to require I buy a new set of tires by months end, so I held off.

Soon enough though!

I have a red Heavy Duty NRS Bill's Dry Bag for at least the last 30 years. I keep thinking I should get a different colored one but, it's as water proof as it was brand new. I just never cared for the red color. Back when you used to be able to fly commercially with two or three bags for free I used it to haul smoked salmon and other Alaskan wild goodies back to Minnesota for my mother. You know that it is one tough beast if airline baggage handlers haven't harmed it. It has always kept my down sleeping bag dry, no matter the weather. You can put up with a lot of misery during the day, if you know that your bed is going to be warm and dry at night.

I have a red Heavy Duty NRS Bill's Dry Bag for at least the last 30 years... It has always kept my down sleeping bag dry, no matter the weather. You can put up with a lot of misery during the day, if you know that your bed is going to be warm and dry at night.

Until it colour fades to pink. Then all bets are off.

Just got back from a routine yearly physical, pee in a cup, a few blood draws, Doc listened to my heart and lungs. "Everything is fine", she says "except your estrogen level is at the high end of normal." So I'm thinking a pink Bill's Bag might be a cute accessory.
Every one keep that social distance, if six feet (1.8288 meters) is good a tripping canoe length is better.
Birchy

I'm guessing that my similar vintage Bill's Bag, ....might have suffered a similar fate...it has been on a high shelf in my brother's outdoor shed in a comfy neighborhood in Anchorage, waiting patiently for it's owner...and for a return float trip on the North Fork of the 40 Mile River,... (has to be 30 years, waiting, waiting, waiting).. wonder if the mice have gotten to it...? Pink might be a problem though... the contents might have suffered a bit too. Pretty much know the stored pants and shirts would have catastrophically 'shrunk' in the meantime...

Something in the air up here, my 32 X 32 blue jeans suffered severe shrinkage over the years, both in diameter and length. The first winter here I could easily fit two pairs of those jeans over wool long johns to keep my skinny legs warm in the temps colder than -40 degrees.

Back