• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Cross Country Canoe Trip

I am ambivalent. Great! They completed their trip! Repulsed by the"Fund our fun and we will forward a small percentage to a good cause" scheme.

Their site suggests they have raise 7300 canadian dollars in donations but does not make clear the total raised for cystic fibrosis. That was their stated purpose after all.

Pehaps I am just bitter. It is hard not to sound like the grumpy old man but, "In my day..." Asking for someone else to pay for your vacation is distasteful. In my view, it is hard to celbrate any subsequent acheivement.

If nothing else the Byway Babes have a very well designed website, more intuitive to navigate than some canoe manufacturers. I was curious about their 3-person choice of canoe and found that information (a Wenonah Minn3) and more here.

https://www.bywaybabes.com/gear

Those gear profiles appear to have been written pre-trip. Provided none of those gear manufacturers were sponsors I would be interested in my usual request after a long trip – What Worked, What Didn’t and how the kit could be (or was) improved?

That after-action report often has the best real-world information.

Last edited:
Back