• Happy National Bean Counter Day! 🫘🔢🧮

Connecticut River - 4 Days (Bloomfield VT to Lancaster, NH)

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
First time poster. I and 3 friends (The Whiskey Paddlers) recently paddled the CT River from Bloomfield, VT. to Lancaster, NH. It was a great trip with some beautiful scenery, nice wildlife and a great wilderness feel even though we were never very far from civilization. If you'd like to see a video of our trip, check it out here:

Looking forward to getting more trip ideas from this site. Thanks to all for posting them.

Last edited:
Whiskeypaddler, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please consider adding your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is in many ways a geographic sport. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

Here is a direct link to the Connecticut River video:

Just watched the whole video. Nicely produced. The Connecticut River sure looks different up there than down below Hartford, CT, where I've paddled some of it. I've never seen anything like that folding canoe used by Justin, the fellow you met who was paddling the Northern Forest Canoe Trail. A welcome caution at the end about tossing garbage in a river.

Just watched the whole video. Nicely produced. The Connecticut River sure looks different up there than down below Hartford, CT, where I've paddled some of it. I've never seen anything like that folding canoe used by Justin, the fellow you met who was paddling the Northern Forest Canoe Trail. A welcome caution at the end about tossing garbage in a river.
Hi Glenn, Thanks for the kind comments and for posting the actual video here.

Thank you for sharing your trip. Really nice video. We have a hunting camp in Ferdinand, VT, just 7 miles up the Nulhegan from Bloomfield. I've spent a lot of time up there grouse and deer hunting, but not paddled much. Now I know I need to!

Back