• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Colden Canoe

Reaction score
Colden is a small, semi-custom boatbuilding shop South of Buffalo NY, currently making David Yost designed solo and combi canoes. All hulls are carbon/Kevlar laminates infused with epoxy/vinyl ester resin. They feature grey tones scuff patches to hide bottom scrapes and can be ordered with integral, composite and foam rails and thwarts to reduce weight and maintenance. There are no finer canoes made.

Current models include the 13'X28.5" FlashFire, 14'X30" WildFire, 14.5'X28.5" DragonFly, 15'4"X28.5" Nomad and 15'X34" StarFire.

Last edited:
You forgot one. My DragonFly on the West Branch of the Penobscot River in Maine.

That was two years ago. It pitched me out twice on my attempts to get into it off a dock. Finally I did to take a minitrip to the eagles nest. There are two young in the nest but the pictures are awful. The nest is across the lake about .5 km

Last edited:
Well, this is the small scale site related retailers section. Most of the posts in this section could be considered advertising.
Pete

This post fits right into the heart of what was intended when I added the "small scale site related retailers", that is, folks who don't have alot of cash for advertisement yet will benefit from a few words about their product here on a canoe website.
It's really a "win win"situation, they get to inform us of a product for free, we get to learn of a product we might be interested in that we otherwise might never learn about.
Just wish more folks would use the thread to spread the word of folks who could use some free advertisement.

As an owner of a wonderful Colden Flashfire,I totally agree with the initial post,and I belive any of Paul's customers would agree.
Turtle

I didn't intend anything critical. My bad? Maybe just a bit inattentive. I failed to notice the name of this sub-forum.

Back