• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Chukuni Outdoor Supply in Red Lake, Ontario

He did not sell the business, Chukuni Outdoor Supply is a separate business. Richard, the owner seems like a pretty nice guy. I don't think the canoeing is his thing but I don't see that being a roadblock to his success. I'm almost positive the new owner does not want to be associated with RLO.

Try suing me over this too Harlan!

Harlan says on his "The End" video that he sold the business, that he just doesn't feel challenged by it anymore, that he's sure he'll miss WCPP, but that he's going to start a new life in a more populous place, which he wouldn't identify other than to say he'll be with his wife and hopes to start a family. Chukuni Outdoor Supply has the same street address that Red Lake Outfitters had.

A lot of the long-timers on this site originally got together on Harlan's Solotripping.com, which he maintained for a couple of years when he was starting up his business. It was an excellent canoe site until it died. I bought a very lightly used 10x12 CCS tarp from Harlan for a good price.

His website, Solotripping.com was a very good site, it was sad to see it go. When it went down the original owner of this site started Canoetripping.net as a back up till Solotripping.com came back. Sadly it never did, but Harlan still owns the domaine name Solotripping.com, always the good businessman.

Looks like Red Lake Outfitters is now Chukuni Outfitters. They still do canoe outfitting so that's good. Good Luck.

https://chukunioutdoorsupply.ca/

Hello everyone, I am the owner of Chukuni Outdoor Supply and just wanted to state that I am in no way affiliated with red lake outfitters. I own a small outdoor equipment retail store, for 2020 I will be outfitting select clients into woodland caribou provincial park. thank you and have a nice day.

Hi Chukunioutdoorsupply, thank you for introducing yourself on his forum. You mention that you will outfit select clients in 2020. Does that mean outfitting will not be part of your business in the future?

Hi Chukunioutdoorsupply, thank you for introducing yourself on his forum. You mention that you will outfit select clients in 2020. Does that mean outfitting will not be part of your business in the future?

Outfitting will always be a part of my business, I just meant as this is the first full year that i'll be doing fully outfitted packages into the park I will be taking it slow with a minimum amount of clients for the season. too ensure maximum client satisfaction and continued success. thank you for your interest.

Outfitting will always be a part of my business, I just meant as this is the first full year that i'll be doing fully outfitted packages into the park I will be taking it slow with a minimum amount of clients for the season. too ensure maximum client satisfaction and continued success. thank you for your interest.

That sounds like a good plan.

The opening comments on this video and some messages left tell a lot about the demise of Red Lake Outfitters. Richard of Chukuni Outdoor Supply stepped up and went out of his way to help this canoe party that showed up for their prepaid canoe trip and found that Harlan had left town.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL_Rwlu3OL0

The opening comments on this video and some messages left tell a lot about the demise of Red Lake Outfitters. Richard of Chukuni Outdoor Supply stepped up and went out of his way to help this canoe party that showed up for their prepaid canoe trip and found that Harlan had left town.

The tripping video is well worth the watch, thanks Marten. ('Here we are at the airport." Ha.)
I agree people should make sure to read thoroughly as well as watch this trip vlog.

Last edited:
That’s a neat video, nice couple, #Goodoldboy, he found some “critter” tracks on the beach and got into a walleye hole. Lol

I like the music too, only watched 1/2 so far, I knew I was home when he mentioned how quiet it was. I hope they see some wildlife.

Nice job by Chukuni Outdoor Supply, glad it worked out for the trippers.

If true, that's pretty damning. Thanks for sharing.

Red Lake Outfitters closing down was kept kept quiet. What was not kept quiet was the video rants against Claire, assistant supt. of Woodland Caribou P.P. I can tell you that Claire has been the go-to person for WCPP for decades and has been smeared because she pushed back against anyone anyone using loop holes and vague language in the park rule book to push their agenda. Red Lake Outfitters may be gone but not the hurt inflicted as it fled the area.

Back