• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Chukuni Outdoor Supply in Red Lake, Ontario

Claire was a big help to me in a solo self outfitted trip. RLO not at all. And also Red Langford with his campsite maps that I could copy.. At the time I had no idea where to find campsites. Good people still exist in the canoeing world. The schysters burn out.

Never been up there, but sad to hear about an outfitter gone bad. I find I'm always inclined to trust people in small communities, intuitively thinking they'd never be able to escape their reputations if they were shady. As Red Langford says, the truth comes out. Still, I guess I should be more cautious since it can take some time.

I always like to prepay at least a deposit -- helps when work tries to encroach.

Outfitting is a tough business especially in a small town. A friend of mine has a fishing camp in that area and it is a reallllllly short season. You really do need another income stream in order to survive. Outfitters come and go here...some really good and some not so good. If anyone has a spare million laying around I know where you can get a nice setup on a lake full of fish.

Back