• Happy May Ray Day! 🌞😎🌻🩳🇩

Christmas gift idea/tradition (wayyy off topic)

G

This is way off topic (unless you use canoeing photos).

My sons and I have a traditional DIY gift for the missus. We find old photos of them, the more memorable or goofier the better, and they pose in similar clothing and background to re-shoot the photo 20+ years later. Printed and framed with old and new side-by-side those make wonderful gifts.

The photoshoot is always hilarious. My 25 year old cuddling his swaddled 23 year old on his lap. The two of them re-posed as mud-covered toddlers in the yard. It is hard for any of us to stop laughing while taking the photos.

One of this year’s best, recreated from a 1[SUP]st[/SUP] birthday party photo down to the clothing, shadows and relative spoon size.

Seriously, if you have children or living parents it is a personal gift beyond treasure. And it is really fun to do.

Great idea!! I saw a TV commercial where the family recreates a photo in front of their old Subaru.
The thought of an ongoing gift is too sweet.
I have many photos of my kids on various paddling trips, and photos of my son at 5, 15, and 25 years old, all in nearly the same spot on Bog River Flow...not even an intentional recreation. I should compile those and frame them as a set. Thanks for the inspiration.

Back