• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Canoe Quiver Revamp

Reaction score
I've been revamping my canoe quiver to reflect more of the paddling I like to do and interested in doing rather than buying just to buy. In early September I took delivery of my new Swift Dragonfly and this weekend a Placid Boat Works Shadow.

Paddling my Dragonfly in expedition kevlar with the orange metal flake exterior on the Madawaska River in Algonquin Park. This past weekend I did 10 miles in my Shadow near Fish Creek in the Adirondacks.

375826696_824046049562355_3298181296244515287_n.jpg379635431_6125162020916692_3357325576463735488_n.jpg

I've been revamping my canoe quiver to reflect more of the paddling I like to do...
Classy additions to the quiver, Joe, they complement each other nicely. And I like your incentive.

Revamping the quiver has been an ongoing process for me, usually due to major life changes, including moving across the country and getting older. Of the original six canoes I once owned I now have only one of them, but my current quiver is better suited to the paddling I do here in New England.

Enjoy your new canoe quiver!

Classy additions to the quiver, Joe, they complement each other nicely. And I like your incentive.

Revamping the quiver has been an ongoing process for me, usually due to major life changes, including moving across the country and getting older. Of the original six canoes I once owned I now have only one of them, but my current quiver is better suited to the paddling I do here in New England.

Thank you! It’s a learning process for me.

Where in New England are you?

There's some good canoeing up there. It's not the Adirondack Park but still relatively undeveloped. I want to get back to the upper Connecticut River for a multi-day trip this fall if I can.

There's some good canoeing up there. It's not the Adirondack Park but still relatively undeveloped. I want to get back to the upper Connecticut River for a multi-day trip this fall if I can.
The Upper CT is on my wish list, for hopefully next year. BTW nice Curtis canoe

BTW nice Curtis canoe
1983 Lady Bug, fiberglass layup, 36 lbs., still in good shape. I bought a Northstar Firebird this spring and love it but would like to find another Lady Bug in Kevlar so it'd be a bit lighter to carry. I had a chance to buy a beige one earlier this summer but my wife doesn't want me to sell her yellow Lady Bug to make room. 😄

1983 Lady Bug, fiberglass layup, 36 lbs., still in good shape. I bought a Northstar Firebird this spring and love it but would like to find another Lady Bug in Kevlar so it'd be a bit lighter to carry. I had a chance to buy a beige one earlier this summer but my wife doesn't want me to sell her yellow Lady Bug to make room. 😄
Dave Curtis still builds amazing boats. I have a Hemlock Eaglet that weighs 38# not as light as my NW Solo but a great boat no matter how you slice it. A friend of mine just bought another LB in kevlar I believe recently for his daughter.

I've been revamping my canoe quiver to reflect more of the paddling I like to do and interested in doing rather than buying just to buy. In early September I took delivery of my new Swift Dragonfly and this weekend a Placid Boat Works Shadow.

Paddling my Dragonfly in expedition kevlar with the orange metal flake exterior on the Madawaska River in Algonquin Park. This past weekend I did 10 miles in my Shadow near Fish Creek in the Adirondacks.

View attachment 137174View attachment 137175
Both look pretty nice. Especially like the Placid.
A lot of boats available in the East aren't available in Colorado.
I'm pretty much restricted to Northstar and Wenonah, as far as high end composite boats.

Both look pretty nice. Especially like the Placid.
A lot of boats available in the East aren't available in Colorado.
I'm pretty much restricted to Northstar and Wenonah, as far as high end composite boats.
Thank you! We are very fortunate here in the east to have a selection of canoe builders/manufacturers. That Placid I have "Shadow" is 16' and weighs 23#. It is insanely light and fast.

Back