• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Canoe colors?

G

I have ordered a expedition canoe in white ,for the Texas heat that gets too 106 Deg ,But I wander if this is the best color for me, you see i also duck hunt in the winter, what color would you suggest?

Re: Canoe colors?

With the inside of the boat being kevlar/tan in color, I wouldn't think the deck color would matter that much as far as the temperature is concerned while on the water. Of course, whenever your unloading and loading you might be more likely to touch the outside of the canoe and the darker colors would be hotter. I would go with whatever color you like the best. You can always just do a white scuff patch on the bottom below the waterline. That's what I have on my Rapidfire and it works good for me. I still have some scratches above the scuff patch, but not many. Without the white bottom, the undeside of my boat would look pretty rough.

Kinda depends on the material, too. I have an Esquif Mistral that is the Twintex material. It is charcoal black, but doesn't absorb heat any worse than my lighter colored hulls. But if you buy an olive colored royalex boat, it will be too hot to touch at times here in the Ozarks in the summertime. You see, the olive royalex is dark inside AND out. I had a Wenonah Adirondack in OD for 2 years and couldn't paddle it hardly in July and August!

Those Superior boats are good canoes and I understand the guy is a pretty nice guy. I have 3 friends that know him pretty well, including the one with the camo Shockwave. Incidently, if I had some spare change I'd have one! Fast, and more stable than you'd think. Here's a couple more pictures of that boat, one from the cockpit. That is, IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO ADD PICTURES. When I paddled it the temps were high '90's and the interior didn't feel too hot to me.

I can't find the camo pictures on Scott's site? What am I doing wrong.

Back