• Happy May Ray Day! 🌞😎🌻🩳🇩

Canoe art (modern day)

Glad someone posted this. The e-mail I received had double paddle pictures also. The contrast was striking. Find that and post them side by side. A convincing argument in favor of single blade!
Turtle

I wish I could take credit for it, those aren't my photos. The concept is simple. Bright LED lights attached to a moving object in a low light situation with the camera shutter held open so the still background and bright lights are captured but not the moving unlit objects, like boat and paddler. Similar to star trail photos. Having the eye and patience to get something that doesn't look amateurish is the real feat.

Links to the kayak photos:

http://www.motionexposure.com/Galleries/Kayak/

Alan

Fascinating and hypnotic. Looks like the canoeist was paddling on a single side instead of sit and switch.

Somewhere at one time I had a photo, time lapse, of a boat moving on a lake. In the photo you see the bow and stern lights, (red/green and white) but not the boat nor the wake. Just the light trail coming in to shore.

Star trails seem to work well for me if I put the north star center frame then time lapse an hour or so, everything stretches around the fixed point in the middle and the longer the exposure you get more coloured stars, not just the white you see with the naked eye. Pretty cool stuff.

Back