• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Another nice day paddle

Reaction score
My first time on the Paw Paw river this year. I heard turtles plopping and Sandhill cranes overhead. I saw 4-5 whitetails bounding away from me with bright white butts and vertical tails. I saw two different squirrels crossing the river on leaning trees that made a natural bridge that barely touched in the middle.

I saw a lot of impressive new beaver activity since last Fall. It is so cool to see how much progress they can make so quickly to alter the environment.
Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	884.1 KB ID:	109320
Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	888.7 KB ID:	109321
Some kind of white bird. They usually don't let me get so close.
Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	292.1 KB ID:	109322
Saw lots of ducks and Canada geese. The geese on the river screamed at me but the ones with chicks and the ones with good hiding places were silent.
Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	575.6 KB ID:	109323
I saw lots of stuff hanging high in trees from floods in recent years.
Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	850.9 KB ID:	109324

Check out the new beaver lodge in front of the old abandoned water wheel.
Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	876.3 KB ID:	109326
And its it's quite a treat just to spend a little time in the enchanted forest.
Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	789.0 KB ID:	109327

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    876.3 KB · Views: 2
Wow, you guys are way ahead of us. It always amazes me how little distance south one can go yet see such a change in budding/leafing of trees and nesting/hatching times. Even last week we still had some migratory birds passing through and a lot of nesting birds in the area were just getting started. I haven’t seen/heard a single turtle yet!

That big white bird looks like a Great Egret, judging by what looks like yellow on the beak and assumed size. Such a cool sighting.

Back