• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Another New Englander!

Reaction score
Hi all! I've been lurking a while but now is as good a time as any to make my intro. :)
I'm 36, from Connecticut, and a recently converted long time kayaker. I love paddling, camping and laid back hiking. My absolute favorite getaway is the Adirondacks, specifically the Saranac Lake area. An old injury led me to give up kayaking and seek out a lightweight canoe. My significant other and I are the proud owners of a Swift Algonquin 16 and right now I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my very own Swift Keewaydin 15. I am hoping to get her in the water before the cold comes!

Welcome.

If you enjoy your Keewaydin 15 half as much as I enjoy mine, you're going to be very happy.

Thanks for the welcome Hanz. I'm pretty sure I watched you load your Kee on your truck at CCK in August. It took me another couple of weeks to decide on exactly what I wanted. I expect it to arrive in a week or so.

Last edited:
Yup! I was there with my SO and our two kids. I ended up deciding on the Kee in barracuda and wanted skid plates installed. Lucky for me they had another Swift sale in September.

I remember you. Are you the daddy or the mommy?

What color barracuda?

I'm all too familiar with the September Swift Sale @ CC&K. I returned to buy a Royalex Raven. Now I have a solo for anywhere I'd want to paddle, I think :)

I'm the Mama. He picked the Algonquin 16 in flax fusion to paddle with the kids, but I wanted a solo so I can go off on my own. I went with silver, no gel color on the bottom.

I remember you. Are you the daddy or the mommy?

What color barracuda?

I'm all too familiar with the September Swift Sale @ CC&K. I returned to buy a Royalex Raven. Now I have a solo for anywhere I'd want to paddle, I think :)

Thank goodness I escaped CT in 2000. Otherwise due to that sale (and the several others) I would be broke! Store too close to my ex house in Madison. :)

It's good to hear that people in CT still canoe!

I'm the Mama. He picked the Algonquin 16 in flax fusion to paddle with the kids, but I wanted a solo so I can go off on my own. I went with silver, no gel color on the bottom.

Cool. Please post some photos once you get it. While browsing the Swift catalog I always thought the Silver Barracuda would make for a mind bender in that it almost looks like a heavy aluminum boat but only weighs 30#s. It should look really sharp.

Back