• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Another Minnesotan

Reaction score
Hey all, another Minnesotan here just now joining this website.
My wife, who is a native Minnesotan, and I just moved back to the twin cities after being on the East Coast for the past 20 years. So happy to be back and taking full advantage of all the outdoor activities MN has. Of course canoeing is high on the priorities. I just ordered a canoe and ready to get started this summer.

I have done a fair amount of canoeing in my past, but it was a long time ago. I am looking at honing my skills, I am not 20 any more (turning 50 this year) and could use some pointers on how to improve my paddle skills. Any and all advice welcome.

I look forward to reading and contributing to this site.

Welcome, what canoe did you order and are you interested in canoe camping or do you just enjoy paddling?

John

Welcome, what canoe did you order and are you interested in canoe camping or do you just enjoy paddling?

John
John,

I ordered a Merrimack Tennessean 14 1/2 foot. It is pretty versatile as it can be easily maned solo or tandem. It is also a piece of artwork, in my opinion.

Tennessean Solo Tandem Canoe paddled Solo

In the past I have done canoeing and camping, but this time I hope to take advantage of more day /weekend trips. More time on the water. Although a week long expedition still intrest me.

will

Welcome to site membership, WilluCanoe, and I'm sure you'll enjoy that beautiful new Merrimack.

Back