• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

American Science & Surplus catalog

G

That webbing was from the American Science & Surplus catalog, always a wonderland of oddities.

https://www.sciplus.com/

Awesome catalog; I ordered something from it every time it arrived; fugly colored webbing, rare earth magnets (magnet “fishing” with the kids), stone arrowheads (amazing how many trips we did on which the boys found arrowheads. . . . .not just the boys, a couple of adult companions were excited at their “find”), weird little tools and other doohickies.

Have a gander at the “Containers”, “Outdoorsy” and “Tools/Hardware” links.

I'm going to get a some UNDERPANTS IN A CAN from page two of Outdoorsy, for Christmas stocking stuffers.

I need to send away and get the paper catalog again. Some of the weirdo product descriptions alone were worth the read.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"All I had were a few flies tucked into the band of my hat and an a old dented can of underpants” Boreal Birch

I wonder if they are biodegradable? The can probably is not, so I am only going to buy a couple of cases. At my age, that should be a life time supply for the canoe tripping I have left, For the non-tripping times, well that depends.

At my age, that should be a life time supply for the canoe tripping I have left, For the non-tripping times, well that depends.

Oh, that “depends” was subtle.

From the Underpants in a Can description

Quite stretchable in a Tyvekish white fabric, "one pair fits most adults." They're hip-hugger, semi-bikini, translucent type drawers, so despite the smiling man wearing them and a red bow-tie on the can, some (insecure) guys might find these just a touch jeune fille-ish. "Safe, Sanitary, Secure." Says so right on the 3" x 1-1/2" x 2/3" flip-top metal can. Better buy (3) in case of a long weekend.

I think those translucent, semi-bikini drawers may be more suitable for Memequay’s alter-ego as the Plaid Prancer. Eh, maybe not so much the Jeune fill-ish part of the description.

https://www.yourdictionary.com/jeune...been%20married.

Yes, I had to Google that. The product descriptions in the American Science & Surplus catalog are a hoot and a half. Good catalog to leave in the bathroom, if only so the missus wonders why you are giggling on the toilet.

You will find some oddity, stocking stuffer, esoteric friend joke or perhaps even something useful that you simply have to have.

OH heck YEAH! I just called and have a paper copy of the catalog on the way. Stocking stuffer and friend “gifts” this Christmas beware.

Back