• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

ADK camp situation?

Reaction score
Looking to do our annual family week canoe trip. We are planning around 3rd week of August. Thinking about going to Lila, Round lake (near LTL) or possibly trying Follensby Clear pond. Never been in that area yet.
I've been reading campsites are hard to find this year. Read where people had to paddle back to the car because no open campsites were available.
can anyone confirm this for me? Hate to pack up and drive 6+ hours and not be able to find a campsite...

thanks for any help.

I had no problem getting a campsite on the Cedar River Flow the week after July 4 weekend. There were plenty available. I went in on Tuesday and came out late on Friday. It was only me and one other party until Thursday night. Then another party came for one night and left the next day. I came out pretty late on Friday and didn't see anyone come in. Of course, CRF is not as popular as LTL, Lila or Lows. Generally, I find if I go in early in the day during the week, I can pretty much get the site I want. Holiday weekends are another story.

Last edited:
Back