• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Adirondack Forum Get Together May 19-21

Reaction score
Guys and Gals. Some members on the ADK forum are planning a get together next month at Rollins Pond. This isn't a wilderness trip but it is a base camp with paddling around St. Regis Wilderness Area and fellowship. There are a couple of members from here interested, I hope to make it on Saturday into Monday. If you are a member on ADK ,sign in to see Event planning and meets/ 2017 paddling campout location.

Last edited:
Cool! I'll think about it as we have a new dog and are not in the market for a new canoe! I posted there.. will take care of reservations in a week or so when we see how dawg is doing.

Last edited:
Man! I just missed it, I'll be up in that neck of the woods from the 6th till the 11th at Lows. Then back to work.
Jason

Not a member but will be in the area during that time. Please keep me and anyone else here thinking about it, posted.

I'll be working but sounds like a fun time. Love the St. Regis area and Rollins should make for an excellent base camp.

Swampbooger:
"So I'm getting a sense that folks might prefer Rollins Pond as the base location for our gathering. I've looked at availability at Rollins for that weekend, and there are certainly sites available, although it appears that the entire campground will not yet be open that weekend. If we settle on Rollins, I would suggest sites A27 thru A31, as they are large and out of the way, have a restroom close by and are close to the main entrance.

Stripperguy:Rollins Pond A loop sites 001 thru 031 are all open and available for May 19 to 21, 2017."
Me: I am looking at A 15 or 16, but have a graduation to attend on Friday so I have to clear it with the boss before I commit, I should know tonight and will reserve one.

Last edited:
I'm putting in at Paul Smith's and figuring to get down to Rollins Pond on the on the 3rd day, the 19th. I'm still trying to figure the mileage but it looks about right.

Sounds good, Rollins Pond is as good as it gets for car camping. My wife and I took our 3 pre school kids there years ago shortly before school gave out, we had a great time.
I'll be doing the Moose River Bow trip in Maine that weekend with some other wood canvas canoe types so I have to pass. Hope you guys have a good time, take some pics.

My Colden Nomad gets infused on wed, so it looks like I defiantly will be paddling it there.
Turtle

Sweeper booked A 16 and I am in A 18. Anyone on here between us perhaps?
We will miss you Robin, Hope to hook up soon.

Last edited:
I will be paddling in for the day saturday, how do I find you from the water?
Thanks, Turtle

Back