• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

24 day canoe trip series on You Tube

Reaction score
Wintertrekker (we know him as HOOP here) has a new canoe tripping series on You Tube. A group of videos chronicling last years 24 day solo trip in Woodland Caribou Provincial Park with new videos being added weekly.
The great thing about Hoops videos is the interesting information he shares, not only his style of canoe tripping but his vast knowledge of the boreal forest and the plants and animals who live there.
Nice job HOOP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQkgJ7F4o10

Gee thanks Robin, originally I was planning on turning in at a decent hour but these are great. I. CAN'T. STOP!!!

I've been following along as well. I subscribed to his channel long ago! I have watched his videos over and over, he puts together good stuff, so thanks HOOP and Robin fer keepin us informed.

Jason

I forgot to mention to subscribe and like his channel. His past 17 trip series was very entertaining and educational.

I just finished his 17 day video trip on Sunday. Great trip with a great guide through beautiful boreal, sharing tons of knowledge along the way. Looks like I'll be heading back out there for another 24 days! Thanks Robin.
Thanks HOOP.

Last edited:
I am a big "Hoop" fan too and in this case have even more interest because he is on a route that I was on a few months earlier. The vegetation and water level changes are amazing. When I compare my shots to his it shows how a route can go from easy to very hard in a short time.

It is a very interesting video. A ride in a Beaver with floats is always something to celebrate. Working in the bush I never got used to the sound of aircraft when they disappear and there is all of that silence.

Hoop knows what he is doing. Personally I would never bang my paddle on the gunwale with each stroke. I would also never spend all of that time breaking and cutting fire wood, I would just stuff the long ends in.

Marten has a certain charisma in his video. Nicely done. I liked the scene with the moose kill. I would have zipped the ribs for some excellent meat.

Marten has a certain charisma in his video. Nicely done. I liked the scene with the moose kill. I would have zipped the ribs for some excellent meat.
I was so disappointed in not finding a T-bone or at least a round steak that I did not think of that lean red meat between those ribs. It had been about 28 days of dried food at that point. I will not pass on them next time. I am salivating right now thinking of a rack of ribs sizzling over an open fire.:p

Back