Birch Meadow is pretty tiny. With three tents tent site selection may not be optimal (though it will work). My favorite spot because of its coziness but don't expect an expansive view of the river.
My thinking as well.
I don't think you'll have any trouble staging vehicles at the N Thetford Landing. Should be fine as far as anyone messing with them. When I've parked there overnight in the past I've always let the local PD know just as a courtesy, which also gives me a little more peace of mind anticipating...
Both of those are "K9 friendly" and have the seat somewhat astern of where it would ordinarily be for a solo. I guess the Souris River Quetico 16 can be set up similarly. In both instances it is splitting the difference between the bow seat backwards and a solo seat towards the center...
If you're happy under a tarp and its only for nights when the weather dictates, a bivy would be my choice. Light and effective. OR Heliums are on sale at REI.
https://www.rei.com/product/C12414/outdoor-research-helium-bivy
No experience with that layup, but I've installed footbraces on two canoes, one Rx and one T-Formex. Both times I used the riveted footbraces. Pretty straightforward. Pulling measurements off a Wenonah with factory footbraces the footbrace is 5.5" off the floor of the canoe at the centerline...
Haven't given this Echo much love since I got it, but brought it up to the lake for vacation this week. Turns out I like it more than I thought. Vehicle is a 2024 Chevy Trailblazer. Nothing special but it does the job.
There's been an uptick in rabid foxes in VT I've been sort of keeping an ear out for. I figure if they're increasing in VT they're also on the increase here in NH. And if there's an increase in rabid foxes I expect there's an increase in rabid everything else as well. My biggest fear re...
Same pot and coozie, but maybe Al or Ti, with the same pot holder. Different stove head. Long handled bamboo spoon. A couple of different cups. I also keep a small lighter in the pot during storage and transport so I've always got one. And I have a Ti bowl so I can boil water and eat at the...
Redleaf makes these thingies. I just use a bungie with a ball on it similar to what Redleaf is attaching to the thwart with velcro.
https://redleafdesigns.com/collections/accessories/products/tether-tabs
Agree. I used to leave town for months at a time and have to live in motels. Great in your 20s, not so much as you get older and your priorities change. He's 27 and is transitioning from lead instructor (field staff leading courses of from 10 to 30+ days) to resident course director (base...
All photos are at Nantahala Falls I'm told. So yes? Apparently NOC has a camera there that captures pretty much everyone, then they post the pics online for sale, which is how I came by them.