• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

Souris River Quientco 17

Its the method of resin application. Infusion bagging draws the resin under a vacuum of a precise psi to make sure each fiber is saturated enough and not too much which adds no strength.
Wet bagging forces excess resin out. A waste of resin and more of a health hazard.And less precise.

Red Rock Outfitters is notoriously outspoken in their hatred of Wenonahs. Wenonahs are better designed and faster. The SR line is analogous to the Grummans of yore. Grummans were never bad boats but not the best either.

Liveries like SR because they get a very good price and their customers appreciate a stable boat. Some are not exactly skilled at paddling.

Sounds like many pros and cons to be considered. Personal preferences likely play a major part in selection as well. It is settled! I need to start paddling more and different canoes :cool:.

Unfortunately a challenge in The People's Republic of California, as folks here seem to be more fond of kayaks, looking for immediate gratification rather than acquiring the skill it takes to paddle a canoe. If only they knew the pleasures of canoeing...wait a minute...then our few great canoeing places would be even more crowded...forget I said something ;).

Anyone know of a good (large, diverse...etc.) canoe meeting or show in the west (or "close" to it) ?

Personal preferences likely play a major part in selection as well. .

If only they knew the pleasures of canoeing...wait a minute...then our few great canoeing places would be even more crowded...forget I said something ;).

Yup.. Emotions get a hold of our opinions. No one wants to be told their canoe is a relative dog, even if it is.. Its Their Dog.
I met a paddler on Little Tupper who cited the Internet as the downfall of uncrowded paddling in the most accessible areas in the Adirondacks. We'll leave Conk Country out of this discussion.

Back