• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

​Selvage edged tapes?

G

I use fiberglass tape for a lot of repair and outfitting applications, and have a selection of 4, 3 and 2 inch E-glass, 2 inch bias weave (E-glass I think, uber thick German stuff) and 1 inch S-glass.

The 1 inch S-glass was a gift from a guy in the Aerospace industry, and I need to find another roll. And, if such exists, S-glass tape in other widths while I’m ordering.

Does anyone know a source for S-glass tape? Or other/odd selvage edged materials?

It would be danged handy if release treated peel ply came ready cut in narrow rolls as well, like a spool of 3 inch peel ply for covering 2 inch glass tape etc, but that’s probably asking too much.

Can't say that I've ever come across S-glass tape. This is the best I can come up with: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cmpages/sstrand.php
I think you'd look good sitting in front a fire, in a rocking chair, knitting your own S-glass tape. Seems like a good winter hobby.

If I wanted narrow strips of peel ply I think I'd order it from somewhere that rolled it on a tube and then heat up a piece of wire to cut off sections however wide I wanted. Wrapping that hot wire around a 2 yard roll of peel ply would give you a 6' long strip in a hurry.

Alan

Back