• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

Rock Climbing

What route were you trying that hasn't been climbed since? I could see Mt. Blackburn from near my house when I lived in Alaska.
we followed the Kuskulana Glacier to its headwall. We turned back at 13,500 not having enough food left to continue. Two big crevasse
fields ate up a couple days. I think someone climbed it from the south, but south on that mountain is pretty wide.
We had planned for a bush plane to drop food on the route, but once we got a closer look at it, we figured it would land in a crevasse
or some other place we couldn't get to.. So we double hauled it all from Nugget Creek.
Looks like this. I'm the right hand little dot.

Attachments

• H-05-MtBlackburn.jpg
    H-05-MtBlackburn.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 15
  • map.jpg
    map.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
we followed the Kuskulana Glacier to its headwall. We turned back at 13,500 not having enough food left to continue. Two big crevasse
fields ate up a couple days. I think someone climbed it from the south, but south on that mountain is pretty wide.
We had planned for a bush plane to drop food on the route, but once we got a closer look at it, we figured it would land in a crevasse
or some other place we couldn't get to.. So we double hauled it all from Nugget Creek.
Looks like this. I'm the right hand little dot.
I can see why no one else has been there. There's a lot of seracs hanging over you.

Back