• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

On sale - GoPro Hero 4 Black, plus extras, $299

Reaction score
I really have no idea whether this in fact is a real deal, but fuzzy memory says this was in discussion before... I've bought from B&H and saved $$$, free shipping with Purolator ground. This may be one of those GoPros they built far too many of and now need to sell at a reduced price. Maybe GoProers could comment yes or no.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...71026&utm_content=Retail&utm_term=HERO4-Black

The Black version does not have the LCD screen on the back, that is $100 accessory. I prefer the silver version just for having that extra large screen for my old eyes.

Definitely a deal with the accessories included. I have 2 dual chargers and 4 batteries. I suppose with a system where people choose to upgrade with each new rendition of anything, such as the iPhone, GoPro must feel that the older cameras will fall out of favour. In my case, the 4 is perfect for me and I have no desire to spend more on something that doesn't really offer anything better.

The other side of this is, the Activon cameras are 1/3 the price and fit all the GoPro mounts and enclosures, so why buy the real deal? You can potentially lose 3 of those before you even get to the base price of a GoPro.

The reason to buy the real deal is that go pro put all the R&D in to come up with a product, they don'T copy others... The others coy them and copying doesn't cost as much so they can cut on the price, also usually when a product is cheaper, it means that the quality control on the production line happened less often and that also cut the cost down. The parts use can be cheaper too... These guys don'T care, they sell a cheap product they just want to pump them out. Buying a cheeper/copy of something is the best way to kill a company like go pro. Cause the day they will be gone no one will want to get into the $$$ involved in R&D and then the cheap copy will also disappear..

Back